College of Saint Mary is here to help you achieve your dreams of becoming a nurse!
Women who have a desire to help others make excellent nurses, blending knowledge of science and technology with an innate ability to provide compassionate care.
Our graduates are highly sought after by some of the biggest and most prominent hospitals in the Midwest. Through learning in our multi-million-dollar, state-of-the-art health professions skills and simulation center, as well as completing a wide variety of clinical experiences, our students graduate ready to excel in their nursing career.
As a nursing student, you’ll have access to both a personal student success advisor in addition to an academic advisor. Our professors work one-on-one with students to help prepare women to provide excellent care and become confident, compassionate leaders.
Choose from 3 Nursing Pathways
Practical Nursing Certificate
Become a Nurse in 1 Year!
- One of two PNC programs in the Omaha metro
- 1-year program to earn your Practical Nursing Certificate and become a Licensed Practical Nurse (after successfully completing your NCLEX-PN).
- Once meeting admissions requirements, you may to progress into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (LPN to BSN) program if you choose after receiving your Practical Nursing certificate.
- All CSM Practical Nursing students are guaranteed a spot in the LPN to BSN program assuming admission requirements are met.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (3 years)
Fulfill your dreams of becoming a Registered Nurse in just 3 years!
- ONLY 3-year BSN program in the region.
- Save time and tuition with our 3-year program instead of the traditional 4-years.
- Develop the skills needed for the collaborative healthcare environment through interprofessional experiences.
- 3-year program to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing to become a Registered Nurse (after successfully completing your NCLEX-RN).
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (LPN to BSN)
Continue your education and earn your BSN in 2 years!
- As an active LPN/LVN you will have an accelerated fast-track to completing your BSN.
- 2-year program to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing to become a Registered Nurse (after successfully completing your NCLEX-RN).
Josie Harper Nursing Scholarship
Through the generosity of The Harper Family Foundation, CSM is helping to provide a debt-free pathway for young women over the next four years through the Josie Harper Nursing Scholarship! The Josie Harper Nursing Scholarship grants $10,000 annually to awarded scholars. This Scholarship is automatically renewable each year through the completion of your BSN degree.
- College of Saint Mary earned recognition as a College of Distinction for nursing for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years.
- Named the No. 2 Best Colleges for Nursing in Nebraska in 2023 by Niche.
- College Factual named CSM one of the nation's best-value colleges for Nursing. CSM ranked 45th out of 649 colleges, placing it in the top 7% of best-value colleges nationally.
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) collaborate with other healthcare professionals to provide care to clients in a variety of settings. Employment of Licensed Practical Nurses is set to increase by 10% through 2030, which includes 60,800 jobs. The average annual income is $48,070 nationwide.
Registered Nurses (RNs) provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions. Employment of Registered Nurses is projected to grow 9% through 2030, and about 194,500 openings for registered nurses are projected each year. The mean annual income for registered nurses in Nebraska is $69,480 and $75,330 nationwide.
The assurance of regional accreditation means that our degrees have been evaluated for their outcomes — including how well they prepare you to meet the needs of your employers, yourself and our global society. College of Saint Mary is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at College of Saint Mary located in Omaha, Nebraska is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the BSN program is continued accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm.